Sunday, February 20, 2011

Animoto Reflection

Usually when entering into a new technological adventure, I am a little weary of my understanding of what I need to be doing, and how quickly I could catch on.

When I first saw the Animoto videos, I was very intimidated by how fancy and well put together they looked. I was nervous that I was not going to be able to understand exactly how to do these small projects.

Thankfully, to my surprise, I was able to catch on relatively quickly to the Animoto videos and create a couple extra projects that I am excited about.

 Along with my 'About Me' and 'My Philosophy' videos, I also made a sweet (if I do say so my self) slide-show of some of my sisters' wedding photos. I also was able to compile some volleyball action photos to make a fun 30-second slide show. I am excited about this new discovery and look forward not only to use it in my courses at Kansas State, but also in my future classroom. :)

This will be such a useful tool in grabbing my students attention about subjects by using interactive pictures, songs, and templates that are more exciting than a standard slide show. Animoto is also simple enough to where young students can use it in groups for assessment over a lesson, or just for fun in the classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment