Monday, February 28, 2011

Kan-ed Reflection

I do not think that I could have found a website to be more resourceful than Kan-Ed. I had heard of Kan-ed before, but never really took the time to look into what it had to offer. I am relieved to have discovered such a jackpot website for lesson plans, standards, and activities.
Kansas Education Resource Center or KERC is such a wonderful outlet for lesson planning. Especially because we are starting to do our "Chunks" in Core Teaching Skills and several of my classmates and I are having a hard time using 'more with less' in our descriptions of the standards, benchmarks, indicators, etc. KERC is so great because it has all of the subjects needed for elementary teachers aligned with all of the Kansas Standards. I will most definitely be using KERC as a resource while planning my future lessons.
netTrekker was another great outlet that I discovered that has an infinite amount of lesson ideas, assessments, quizzes, and interactive activities for teachers to use and incorporate in the classroom. I know personally I have been worried about what specifically I will have to teach, and how I can do so in a fun, interactive way. netTrekker most definitely answered several of my lesson idea questions and will be a resourceful tool in my future brainstorming sessions for lessons.
Thinkfinity is a great resource for teachers to join blogs, find widgets, and current resources that are applicable to everyday life. For example, each day there is a link that shows you the day in past history, and how to incorporate this day into your lessons. I think I will find this site more useful when I am actually in the classroom teaching rather than still in my education blocks.

Kan-ed is truly a wonderful resource that I will be using from now and through my teaching career.


No comments:

Post a Comment